We are so thrilled to be announcing that an industry association for Health and Wellness Coaches in Australia has been established and officially launched this week – Health Coaches Australia and New Zealand Association (HCANZA). This is such exciting news for our graduates and current students undertaking their training knowing that you will now have an industry body working for you, to give a “voice” to your industry, increase credibility around your practice and raise exposure and promotion for coach members.
HCANZA as a membership organisation supported by key stakeholders, such as professional medical groups, is driving the industry focus on building and setting a credible self-regulatory framework and standard that will allow health and wellness coaching to continue to flourish.
A great deal of work has been done by the Association Chair and Co-Founder, Linda Funell-Milner in bringing the association to life and we cannot thank her enough for spearheading this group together with the Board and Advisory team. You will see our managing director, Fiona Cosgrove, holds a place on the Board in an individual status and not representative of WCA.
What does this mean for you and why you should join?
- Join a membership body that works FOR YOU to elevate your practice by advocating to advance the development of an Australian & New Zealand Standard that is accepted by governments, the medical and allied health professional bodies, universities and other training suppliers in our region
- Gain Professional Recognition from an Australian industry body specific to Health and Wellness Coaching, which, until now has not been available.
- As a full member, you will have your professional profile listed on the website under the ‘Find a Coach’ section.
- Gain direct links from affiliated medical and allied health professional association websites (e.g. ACNEM, AIMA) to the HCANZA ‘Find a Coach’ register on our website.
- Network and support for you and your coaching practice
And much more….
Training requirements to be eligible for Full Membership with the Association
Completion of an approved training program with the National Board for Health & Wellness Coaching (NBHWC) is a training eligibility requirement to apply for full association membership. We are really happy to say that due to our Professional Certificate in Health and Wellness Coaching being an approved NBHWC program, any graduates who have completed this (together with the Independent Study Project extra module), can apply for full membership now! Note that you do not have to have undertaken the Board certification exam to be eligible, simply completed our training. Our Diploma is of course also an approved program as the Professional Certificate is embedded within it.
If you completed (or are currently undertaking) the Professional Certificate and chose not to undertake the additional Independent Study Project module at the time of enrolling, we are providing all past students with access to this extra module for FREE to ensure you meet the full eligibility requirements. On completion, your certificate will be re-issued with the NBHWC approved badge. Not only will this allow you to apply for full membership for the association, but also now have you eligible to apply and sit the exam to become a Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach. Contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Training requirements to be eligible for Associate Membership
If you are an Allied Health Professional who:
- Holds an Advanced Diploma or higher in a health-related area, AND
- Have undertaken professional development work in coaching (for WCA students this is completion of Levels 1, 2 and 3) and are using a coaching approach in your work you will be eligible for Associate membership.
Level 3 certified students wishing upgrade their coaching qualifications to be eligible for Full Membership
Membership Inclusions for Full Membership – $200 p/a
- Professional Recognition that your qualifications are of the highest international standards.
- Professional profile on ‘Find a Coach’ listing – searchable on HCANZA website
- Direct links from affiliated medical and allied health professional association websites (e.g. ACNEM, AIMA) to the HCANZA ‘Find a Coach’ section.
- Use of HCANZA Member Logo (as defined by the guidelines) on your website and emails.
- Discounted members rates for affiliated organisations’ conferences, webinars, seminars
- Open invitation to submit a blog article for approval and publication on the HCANZA website
- Ability to nominate for a Board position held by an HCANZA Health & Wellness Coach when they become available
- Advocacy to advance the development of an Australian & New Zealand Standard that is accepted by governments, the medical and allied health professional bodies, universities and other training suppliers in our region
- Network and support for you and your coaching practice
- Access to blogs and the latest research and industry developments
- Quarterly Zoom Virtual Community meeting with an Expert or a Board Member
- Monthly ‘Business Hours’ group discussions with a Board Member.
- Members-only Facebook group
- An opportunity to be a voice in a Special Interest Group (such as nursing or dementia) in the development of this new and rapidly growing industry
- Accompanying this will be the support to assist you to increase the level of your qualifications with guidance and advice from qualified Health & Wellness Coaches.
- Coming soon Discounted Professional Insurance
There are two other membership tiers available for those who are currently still studying, or those who have undertaken some study but have yet to completed an approved training program to give them access to the full membership. To find out more visit https://hcanza.org/membership-benefits/